Based on the foundations of a philosophy governed by the essential virtues of men who want to succeed in compliance with the rules and laws: righteousness, tenacity, family spirit, honesty but also generosity and altruism, Joseph Janoueix Vineyards orient and develop their wine production based on the principles of Sustainable Cultivation with the constant aim of presenting a quality product that meets the expectations of consumers.
Upstream of the winery, the vineyards are fertilised with organic manure from cattle raised in the meadows of Domaine Galet, near the Dordogne.
6,000 winegrowers practice Sustainable Cultivation.
Large and demanding workforce to achieve a higher level of quality. All the grape pickers are chosen from our own customers (or their children) at the Joseph Janoueix estates.
- Double Guyot pruning for Merlot and single Guyot pruning for Cabernet in March and with the ascending moon to avoid any chemical treatment of pruning diseases.
- De-budding of the slats, pruning and splitting of the shoots, very careful lifting, Removing secondary shoots: fall of the side shoots or "gluttons".
- First light green grape harvests at the end of June, second severe green grape harvests at the mid-ripening period, manual harvest in crates.
- The bunches are sorted and the stems removed (100%) before vinification, and the grape harvest is done by gravity in vats.
- Open wooden Taransaud vats, No yeasting, punching and pumping over alternating day and night up to 2/3 of the alcoholic fermentation.
- Total fermentation five and a half weeks.
- Malolactic fermentation in oak barrels from the forests of the Allier at 90% traditional and 10% of « cigar » type, these barrels lead to better digestion of the lees by the wine, due to the greater surface of exchange that they offer thanks to their shape.
- The lees are stirred during the malolactic fermentation.