Saint-Emilion - Pomerol - Côtes de Castillon
Preparation : 4 minutes - Cooking : 1 hour
1. Finely chop the garlic and parsley and foie gras,
2. Place sausage meat and all other ingredients of the stuffing in a bowl and mix,
3. Add the foie gras and marbling to this mixture, mix well until the mixture looks very homogeneous, the stuffing is then ready;
4. Spread the shoulder on a cutting board, spread the stuffing in the middle, roll up the shoulder and tie it tightly;
5. Heat goose fat and peanut oil in a cast-iron casserole dish, brown the meat after salting and generously peppering;
6. Add the small onions, Verjuice, Armagnac and bouquet garni and simmer for one hour on low heat.
The lamb can take all seasonal toppings. You can serve it with beans that are half dry, sprinkled with a little parsley that you add to the casserole, half an hour before the meat is done. You can also serve with a frying pan of porcini mushrooms à la bordelaise or fried potatoes mixed with artichoke stock. In the spring with ragout Cérons peas or mashed shelled peas or carrots bound with sour cream, etc.