1. Peel and dice the vegetables. Blanch them in boiling water for 5 min.
2. Drain the vegetables and sauté them with the bouquet garni, in a saucepan with a little oil. Cook for 5 min.
3. Add 40 g of butter, then the flour and mix. Moisten with vinegar and wine and let reduce.
4. Add the game stock, season and cook for about 1 hour.
5. Meanwhile, place the roast in an ovenproof dish and bake for 35 min at 210°C.
6. Add the remaining butter to the sauce, gooseberry jam and mix well. Enjoy with the roast deer.