- 600 to 800 g of beef fondue
- 4 onions
- 4 carrots
- 1 bouquet garni
- salt, pepper
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 100 g of butter
1. Cut the meat into 3 cm cubes, remove large pieces of fat.
2. Cut the onion into pieces. Fry them in a butter frying pan. Once transparent, pour them into a cast-iron casserole dish, preferably.
3. Repeat the same procedure with the meat but several times until all pieces are cooked. Add them gradually to the casserole dish. Don't be afraid to add butter between each batch.
4. When all the meat is in the casserole, deglaze the pan with water or wine and boil, scraping to collect the juice. Season with salt, pepper and add to the rest.
5. Cover it all with a little wine and simmer for a few hours with the bouquet garni and carrots in strips.
Chef's advice: Start the preparation two to three days in advance and simmer your dish for one or two hours every day, leaving time to rest so that the meat is soaked with aromas and wine!