Joachim Beuckelaer (1564)
The goose is a bird that makes you dream, reminiscent of Christmas and its pleasures at table.
But, it is always an important part of big events to be celebrated with family or friends.
This recipe requires a lot of attention if it is to be a success, especially in terms of the cooking.
Preparation : 45 minutes - Cooking : 2 hours
1. Two hours before, rehydrate the dried fruit,
2. Preheat oven to 240°.
3. Collect a little goose fat, a spoonful, melt it gently and filter, then brown the apples cut into small pieces.
4. When they are golden and melted, mix them with the poultry stuffing, drained and chopped dried fruit, crushed walnut kernels, add the Armagnac, breadcrumbs, eggs, salt and pepper.
5. Garnish the goose, sew the opening, clamp it, place it on a grid on a dish and put it in the oven.
6. After 20 mm in the oven, collect the fat, lower the thermostat to 160° and add half a clove of garlic.
7. Continue cooking for 2 hours, basting regularly with juice and adding a little water from time to time.
8. 40 mins before serving the poultry, brown the peeled potatoes and half a head of pressed garlic in 4 spoonfuls of goose fat, lower the heat and cook until tender, season with salt and pepper.
9. When laying the goose on a dish and before serving, do not forget to degrease and filter the juice, present it separately in a gravy boat.